• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Operator Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

danoh

Reaction score
Would love it if the operator extension didn't have to be a real extension.

Please let us specify the operator extension as an IVR, ring group, queue, etc.

Thanks!

You can always create a dummy extension, same number as the operator and then send any calls to that extension to where ever you want, a ring group, a queue, an automated attendant.... It's just a number and can be treated like any other extension. You may want to post your "feature request" in the new spot...http://3cx.ideascale.com/

Yeah I've done this for now. Problem is that I can't have an in-office hour operator and an out-of-office hours operator that goes to different IVRs because in order for it to use the Out-Of-Office extension configuration the phone has to be registered.

Maybe a cheap ATA to register as the operator extension? Or... and I've never tried this, a 3CX trunk, registered to the 3CX operator extension?

Hi,
Version 9 can automatically switch to out of hours for your dummy extension. Go to the Office Hours tab, then check "automatically switch status to "out of office" outside office hours". In the out of office forwarding tab, set up the destination where you want it to route.

Kind regards
Richard Crabb

Richard,

I've done this, but the extension has to be registered in order for it to switch to out of office hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YBow
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.