Operator Extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by danoh, Oct 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danoh

Would love it if the operator extension didn't have to be a real extension.

Please let us specify the operator extension as an IVR, ring group, queue, etc.

Thanks!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You can always create a dummy extension, same number as the operator and then send any calls to that extension to where ever you want, a ring group, a queue, an automated attendant.... It's just a number and can be treated like any other extension. You may want to post your "feature request" in the new spot...http://3cx.ideascale.com/

3. danoh

Yeah I've done this for now. Problem is that I can't have an in-office hour operator and an out-of-office hours operator that goes to different IVRs because in order for it to use the Out-Of-Office extension configuration the phone has to be registered.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Maybe a cheap ATA to register as the operator extension? Or... and I've never tried this, a 3CX trunk, registered to the 3CX operator extension?

5. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

Hi,
    Version 9 can automatically switch to out of hours for your dummy extension. Go to the Office Hours tab, then check "automatically switch status to "out of office" outside office hours". In the out of office forwarding tab, set up the destination where you want it to route.

Kind regards
    Richard Crabb

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. danoh

Richard,

I've done this, but the extension has to be registered in order for it to switch to out of office hours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.