operator extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by admin77, May 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. admin77

HI,

Is it good practice to assign the operator extension 100 in an IP phone or its better to leave the operator extension unassigned ?

I am asking this because the operator extension receives all the incoming calls and then routes the calls to ivr,, extensions, etc

What is the best design practice for the operator ?

Thanks

2. AlexanderHanna

When you say, “the operator extension receives all the incoming calls and then routes the calls”, do you mean that this extension has forwarding rules to route the call to the IVR?

Why not have the calls come in directly to the IVR in the first place? Unless you have multiple forwarding rules on the operator’s extension.

What I normally do is have an operator’s extension, could be lowest extension number (i.e. 100, 1000) but when I have DIDs, I would create the operator’s extension number based on the main DID number. This extension is not registered because I don’t assign it to anyone but I will refer to it to leave voicemails and it might have other important forwarding rules that I don’t want the user to change.

Hope this helps.
    Alexander

3. admin77

hi,

At the moment calls are coming to operator extension and then forwarded to an IVR.

I ve also assigned the operator extension in the reception phone.

"Why not have the calls come in directly to the IVR in the first place? "

How can i do that ? because i dont have anh DID's.

Thanks

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

5. admin77

Hi Nick,

I believe this video has to do with DDI if you 've MSN numbers from your provider.

At the moment i dont 've any MSN number it is just an ISDN BRI with 2channels and with only one number.

So all calls are coming to the operator extension.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.