Operator Handling Multiple Calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by AlexanderHanna, Mar 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlexanderHanna

Hello all, I am curious as to how others are implementing the operator position to handle multiple calls. For example, one operator who is processing all of the incoming calls. What has been your experience for the operator to handle the numerous calls efficiently?

Are you using a single phone (e.g. Yealink T21P) where once you have more than two inbound calls, it gets tricky to process the calls. Or are you using the 3CX Softphone Operator screen with headset to manage the calls? Or perhaps you are using a phone with multiple buttons for handling multiple calls as they come in.

What about the web client with a phone?

Thanks,
    Alexander

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If they are that busy, then a Queue might be worth looking at. It prevents callers from having to go on hold when a second call comes in and allows that easy addition of a second, or third receptionist, as an option in the future or at extremely busy times.

You might also consider a digital receptionist as the first point of contact to allow some callers to bypass the reception altogether. Calls could still go to a queue if the option desired wasn't available.

3. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

Incoming calls to a ring group with operator only member.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

A Q is one good method, but if the client does not like the notion of the PBX answering, and if the system is that busy that the operator phone is not capable of handling, then a larger line capable phone is in order. It really depends on your situation. A RG may also work, but I prefer a Q as the call is answered regardless.

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If the receptionist requires an easy way to see incoming calls waiting and to be able to easily switch between calls or transfer calls to other extensions then the most practical is using the webclient or a 3CX client with the switchboard open. You have the ability to use multiple lines or use a queue as previously mentioned. A headset will also negate the need for an IP phone.

neville likes this.
  6. AlexanderHanna

Thank you all for your replies. YiannisH, this is what I have found to be the best option. Just trying to convince some operators (ladies in this case) to use a headset.

7. AlexanderHanna

YiannisH, what I am now noticing with the WebClient is that it does not appear to be a way to toggle between calls on hold using the Webclient. As an example, I have three calls on hold with the webclient using a deskphone. However, when I now need resume one of the calls, there is no resume option.

8. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I would recommend upgrading the phone to a 27 or 29 if you are wanting to stick to the 2x series. We use Grandstream primarily. Everyone has a 2130 except the receptionist got a bump to a 2140. She doesn't use a headset - but our call volume is not excessive by any means.

9. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Currently there is no Hold or resume option in the web client as it is used to control another device and it is not a standalone SIP client. You Hold and Resume calls from the device you are controlling or use the 3CX client for windows which has this functionality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.