Operator phone doesn't ring

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jrjohnson, Feb 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrjohnson

Where I work, we have an operator that is the primary contact and performs transfers, paging, etc. They use a Yealink T46G desk phone primarily and the 3CX softphone with the switchboard to monitor calls. Recently, incoming calls have started ringing only on the softphone. This is an issue since the operator (or me) is expecting this behavior and the desk phone is the primary method for controlling calls.

I've looked at the call log, and the calls are showing up in the history and they don't appear to be in any kind of error. I've done a brief glance at logs but I'm not seeing anything that jumps out at me, but I may not be looking for the right information.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What happens with calls from another extension, direct to the operator extension number? What about when the softphone is not registered?

3. briankayser

You probably won't see an error with the actual CALL as it is completing fine to the softphone. Even with the softphone off you probably won't see an error with the call because it will just fall to Voicemail. If a phone isn't registered you won't see any type of "couldn't reach phone" error.

Does the Yealink phone actually show up as registered in 3CX? Can that phone dial out? As someone else asked, what happens if you close down the softphone? If you go to the web interface of the Yealink phone, does it show that it is successfully registered?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi jrjohnson,

What version of 3CX Phone System are you on? Is it a Linux or Windows? What firmware is the Yealink desktop phone on? Are you using the supported?( https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/yealink-t4-series/ ). Also let us know if that extension is local or remote. Can you make a call from the IP phone?

5. jrjohnson

To my knowledge, all internal calls work fine and can make calls with no issues. Both the softphone and the desk phone show up properly registered in the management console. There are no phones that are using firmware that is not packaged and maintained by 3CX; in this case, it's 28.80.0.130. Running as a local extension on 3CX v15 for Windows.

6. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi jrjohnson,

I have sent you a personal message.

7. jrjohnson

Updating this post. I reprovisioned the desk phone and so far, it seems to be doing ok. Keeping my fingers crossed. Thank you for your help this far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.