Operators Console for 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by RichardCrabb1, Oct 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

I have been doing some testing with a generic SIP operators panel called VOP (or Voice Operators Panel). It seems ideal for the small to medium professional company, where most calls come to the switchboard. For example a law firm. It allows calls to be received and then painlessly transferred to a users' extension.

I have only played around with this so far, and not put this into a "live" situation. That would be the acid test. It is able to use SIP presence information, so that the operator can see which extensions are busy. It is also very easy to use to make attended transfers of calls. So far I have been quite impressed.

It has other features, so that if you had two or more operators, you can have one acting as the main link to the phone system for presence information to reduce the traffic. There are many other things that it can do as well such as call recording (which 3CX can do anyway). It can do directed call pickup, so if she see's an extension ringing, she can click on it and the system sends *20*(number) to 3CX.

Here is the link http://www.voiceoperatorpanel.com/overview.shtml

Kind regards
    Richard Crabb

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. telecomhelp

Richard, did you ever roll out one of these VOP licenses? I'm trying to solve a problem with a busy switchboard, but not sure it's worth £250. Cheers Andy

3. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

Hello Andy,
    Sorry I took so long to reply - but I have only just come across your comment.

I find that in reality most people like to use a hardware phone, particularly if that's what they have been used to. To help with that, I have setup a queue purely for the receptionist. Calls can then queue up and be answered in turn. The downside with that is that 3CX answers the call and places them on hold. Older PBXs tend to give ring tone and not answer the call until it is connected - which in many ways is preferable.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.