option "extension is external", where is it?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by munir, Feb 27, 2008.

1. munir

Hi folks,

reading the techincal manual I found something interesting in the troubleshooting session:

The 3CX Management Console advanced options settings for this device should have
    the following settings:
    o Extension/Gateway is external: off (for internal devices) or on (for external
    devices)
    o PBX delivers audio: on
    o Supports Re-Invite: off
    o Supports ‘Replaces’ header: off

That first item about the extsion is external: on off option is not in the mangment console as you can see in here:

Other options <<<
    This section allows you to configure other options for this extension. More >
    Extension is external. Enable the "Extension is External" option if this extension is located outside of the corporate network or resides on a different subnet.
    PBX delivers Audio. You can configure a caller ID that should be set for calls from this extension. Note that many providers do not support this and this may be overridden or ignored. Toggle the "Supports Re-invite" option if call transfers are not working reliably for this extension. Some older SIP phones do not support changing call parameters during a call. Toggle the "Supports 'Replaces' header" option if call transfers are not working reliably for this extension. Some older SIP phones do not correctly implement this option.
    ser Status allows you to define whether the user is available to take calls. If set to "Away", the extension will behave as configured in the "Phone Busy" tab of the "Destination Unreachable" section.
    PBX Delivers Audio
    Supports Re-Invite
    Supports 'Replaces' header
    User Status
    Queues Status
    Outbound caller ID
    SIP ID

Provisioning >>>

Any idea whre it goes, I think it could solve an important issue with external extensions behind routers, in hotels and some homes !

thanks,

Munir Antun

2. aguilar

aguilar New Member

hi
    wich version are you using?
    in version 5.1 this option dosent exists anymore because the system determine if is internal or external

regards

3. munir

i am using the latest version, but I am having trouble using external extensions, the system seems to not understand the external extension route.

Thnaks for the interest !

4. landfiets

landfiets New Member

I think it is not the system. Can you tell us what ports you forwarded on the system side and also on the external phone side? What router/modem are you using?