• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Implemented Option to disable Auto-download of Windows Client update

techdummy

Reaction score
3CX server downloads all the "Windows client updates" even if we haven't checked the "Auto Download" option under Updates.
I have been informed by the 3CX R&D Department that it is intentional.
For most of the organizations, it wouldn't be acceptable if windows Client keep on asking to download updates every time a new update is released.
Our organization for example doesn't want 3CX server to automatically download any of the updates and I want to be in full control of what is being updated.
We should at-least have the option to chose whether or not to download these updates, instead of forcing it on us.

We had 4 different updates that got downloaded by 3cx server even when I have disabled Auto-download option, and these Windows Client updates were pushed to clients.
The updates are,
15.5.10795.4 and

Upvote 4

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florent P
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.