• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Option to enable "Please hold while I transfer your call.."

Marty Sabel

Forum User
Reaction score
Please add a configuration option to enable playing "Please hold while I transfer your call" one a caller dials an extension number.

Reasoning: We are getting feedback from customers that they are confused when they hear the music on hold playing after dialing an extension. ( a ringing sound would also make this less confusing)

Upvote 3
Please add a configuration option to enable playing "Please hold while I transfer your call" one a caller dials an extension number.

Reasoning: We are getting feedback from customers that they are confused when they hear the music on hold playing after dialing an extension. ( a ringing sound would also make this less confusing)
Yes, this can be confusing. Please add an option to select:

1. MOH (the current default)
2. "Please hold ..." recording (the previous default)
3. A custom recording
4. USprogresstone.wav (could be selected as custom recording, but it may be common enough to warrant a separate choice)
5. Silence (a common request on the forum).

Last edited:
Reactions: bundies522
Hello Marty;

Found your recent posting regarding "Please hold.....", if your issue has bee addressed? I am new in 3CX and want this feature too.

I just ran into this tonight when I was experimenting with 3CX. It's quite confusing since I would expect to hear ringing if I was dialing an extension directly, rather than actually being placed on hold, or thinking that you dialed incorrectly. For a caller to hear ringing after dialing an extension from the ivr would make much more sense than music.

I would go as far as saying this is a bug, because this is not normal behavior for what is expected of a phone system.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.