Originating CallerID Doesnt Display at Remote End

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tpseng, Oct 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tpseng

Forum,

I am attemtping to display the source's callerID information on a remote endpoint. All attempts have failed, when forwarding this information to a remote 3CX PBX registered SIP phone. Below are the scenarios that have been attempted using 3CX v8 and v9 sp2.

1) Source ---> PBX ---> SIP Trunk 1 ---> Local Ring Group ---> Calls (4) Local Phones

2) Source ---> PBX ---> SIP Trunk 1 ---> Local Ring Group ---> No answer (20sec) ---> SIP Trunk 2 ---> Remote Ring Group ---> Calls (1) Remote Phone

Scenario 1 illustrates the originating (source) CallerID; Scenario 2 DOES NOT illustrate the originating (source) CallerID.

All simple call functionality appears to work. The only key information I am missing is the originating (source) callerid on the Remote Phone.

Does anyone know if this is possible and if so how?

Thank you for your time.

tpseng

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Why does the call go back out to a "SIP Trunk 2" and a "Remote Ring Group"? Is the Remote Phone not an extension of the "original " 3CX PBX? Or.... it it located on a second 3CX? That would be the only reason I could see to send the call back out on a trunk. Can't the call just go to a second ring group after 20 seconds and then have the remote extension as a part of that group?

3. tpseng

leejor, thanks for the reply.

Yes. There are two 3CX systems that are geographically separated.

Thanks!

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are you using a VoIP provider as SIP trunk 2 or is that a 3CX bridge?

5. tpseng

Provider between (2) 3CX systems.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Does your VoIP provider allow you to pass the number? You might want to consider using the bridge option.

7. tpseng

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry for the confusion but I created a VoIP Provider Generic SIP trunk on both 3CX systems. There is no 3rd party VoIP provider between the 3CX systems.

You feel that a bridge will work? If so, I'll do my homework and check that feature out.

Billy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.