• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Orphaned Remote extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickjhunt

Silver Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
I have had to change my ip address but one of my remote phones does not know this as DNS has not updated it yet.
My issue is that I can access the phone over the internet but cannot login as I do not remember the password for it.
All of the phones that are registered I can click on the password link in V15 console and see the password. This is only available it the phone has registered though.
How do I find out its password so that I can access its web page and reboot it remotely?

Under Extension - edit the require extension , click on 'Phone Provisioning' and scroll down you will see 'Phone Web Page Password' , click on the icon to the right to show it

No there isn't a section for this extension. Might be because it is a STun config and user has set their own phone password....

If it is a set (Admin) password, that may have been changed by the user, then, in most cases, the phone must be reset to clear, and, with some sets, that requires the Admin password.

What type of set (make/model) are you dealing with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.