Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Orphaned Remote extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nickjhunt, Oct 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickjhunt

I have had to change my ip address but one of my remote phones does not know this as DNS has not updated it yet.
    My issue is that I can access the phone over the internet but cannot login as I do not remember the password for it.
    All of the phones that are registered I can click on the password link in V15 console and see the password. This is only available it the phone has registered though.
    How do I find out its password so that I can access its web page and reboot it remotely?

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

Under Extension - edit the require extension , click on 'Phone Provisioning' and scroll down you will see 'Phone Web Page Password' , click on the icon to the right to show it

3. nickjhunt

No there isn't a section for this extension. Might be because it is a STun config and user has set their own phone password....

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If it is a set (Admin) password, that may have been changed by the user, then, in most cases, the phone must be reset to clear, and, with some sets, that requires the Admin password.

What type of set (make/model) are you dealing with?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.