• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

OT: reset spa504g without password

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenMasta

Forum User
Reaction score
I have a strange situation. I bought a phone on ebay but when I unboxed it and set it up, it auto provisioned to someone elses phone system. It has its own did, I can make and receive calls etc.

But as nice as it might be to make free calls I'd rather provision to use our system, except I can't because there is a password on the web interface and similarly if I try to factory reset, it prompts for a password.

The seller is refunding me for the phone and stuff but he doesn't even want it back so I just have this phone here that is just collecting dust. It would be a shame to recycle it because it appears to befully functional.

admin and <blank> should be the credentials for the 504g at factory.

Press the menu/settings button on the phone, type in 14 on the keypad and confirm a factory reset using the PSK. It will reset the phone to factory defaults.

It's not admin blank I had already tried that. Someone actually set a password

resetting to factory should wipe out any user set password -

except you cannot reset to factory without the password. So what I'm really looking for is a hack or something

Did you try the default Cisco password: v01p4f@n

If the phone was intended for use with a specific provider, and they have set an Admin password (and won't give it to you), you might be out of luck. Usually these locked devices are sold for a price well below their retail value with the intention that they will only be used with their service.

People have had the same issue attempting to unlock Vonage devices (like thePAP2T). In fact there have been a number of sites dedicated to breaking the lock on these devices. Some are successful but generally for older firmware releases.

There must have some kind of custom firmware on it because nothing prevents our users from selecting "Reset Factory Defaults" from the phone's menu. We have passwords setup for both the user and admin profiles on the phone. These only prevent changes from the WEB interface...

I see. Well thanks for all the tips. What a shame. I don't think I can bring myself to throwing it away yet but I'll probably end up doing that.

Have you done a search on the web for...unlock (insert providers name) SPA504G ?

I don't know who the provider is. I don't even know how to check. The caller id outbound is different than inbound, i've looked up both numbers online but only find sites with random number pools.

Can you get to the settings and see what the SIP server info is? That would tell you who the phone is registering with. It should be fairly easy to figure out who controls the set with that information.

I have very much the same issue except I do know who the initial provider is, Gamma Global.
A client wishes to deploy 3CX and attempt to use existing SPA504G handsets.
It would be a bonus if we could repurpose these phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.