OT: reset spa504g without password

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ZenMasta, Jun 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZenMasta

ZenMasta New Member

I have a strange situation. I bought a phone on ebay but when I unboxed it and set it up, it auto provisioned to someone elses phone system. It has its own did, I can make and receive calls etc.

But as nice as it might be to make free calls I'd rather provision to use our system, except I can't because there is a password on the web interface and similarly if I try to factory reset, it prompts for a password.

The seller is refunding me for the phone and stuff but he doesn't even want it back so I just have this phone here that is just collecting dust. It would be a shame to recycle it because it appears to befully functional.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

admin and <blank> should be the credentials for the 504g at factory.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. efounco

efounco New Member

Press the menu/settings button on the phone, type in 14 on the keypad and confirm a factory reset using the PSK. It will reset the phone to factory defaults.

4. ZenMasta

ZenMasta New Member

It's not admin blank I had already tried that. Someone actually set a password

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

resetting to factory should wipe out any user set password -

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. ZenMasta

ZenMasta New Member

except you cannot reset to factory without the password. So what I'm really looking for is a hack or something

7. PrintWest

Did you try the default Cisco password: v01p4f@n

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If the phone was intended for use with a specific provider, and they have set an Admin password (and won't give it to you), you might be out of luck. Usually these locked devices are sold for a price well below their retail value with the intention that they will only be used with their service.

People have had the same issue attempting to unlock Vonage devices (like thePAP2T). In fact there have been a number of sites dedicated to breaking the lock on these devices. Some are successful but generally for older firmware releases.

9. efounco

efounco New Member

There must have some kind of custom firmware on it because nothing prevents our users from selecting "Reset Factory Defaults" from the phone's menu. We have passwords setup for both the user and admin profiles on the phone. These only prevent changes from the WEB interface...

10. ZenMasta

ZenMasta New Member

I see. Well thanks for all the tips. What a shame. I don't think I can bring myself to throwing it away yet but I'll probably end up doing that.

11. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Have you done a search on the web for...unlock (insert providers name) SPA504G ?

12. ZenMasta

ZenMasta New Member

I don't know who the provider is. I don't even know how to check. The caller id outbound is different than inbound, i've looked up both numbers online but only find sites with random number pools.

13. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Can you get to the settings and see what the SIP server info is? That would tell you who the phone is registering with. It should be fairly easy to figure out who controls the set with that information.

14. AlexDBarrett

I have very much the same issue except I do know who the initial provider is, Gamma Global.
    A client wishes to deploy 3CX and attempt to use existing SPA504G handsets.
    It would be a bonus if we could repurpose these phones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.