Other route for weekend

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jochanan, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jochanan

Hello,

We have configured "Office hours" and "Outside Office hours". All to the same ring group. But for the weekend we need to route the incoming calls to another ring group. Does somebody has an option for it?

2. mixig

mixig Active Member

Hi,

Attached Files:

3. jochanan

I'm sorry. I forgot to say that there are already office hours for every workday (for example, 8am - 5pm) And Outside office hours will be transfert to voicemail. Besides that I need a redirected if it is weekend and between 8am and 11am)
    For short this is what I need:
    Monday - friday 8am - 5pm -> ring group 100
    Saterday 8am - 11am -> ring group 200
    Outside this times -> voicemail

4. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

Something that might work ...
    - You could edit the configuration of one of the extensions that is in the Ring group via the 'Office Hours' tab
    - change its own Office Hours settings to reflect your weekend schedule
    - select the tick-box to Automatically switch office hours profiles,
    - and have that extension configured to go directly to the required voice-mail box when it's in 'Out of Office' mode.

With this approach, its possible to build a third-state rule that allows that extension to 'hijack' the ring group during those hours ... In other words, because one of its member extensions has changed state to answering & sending calls directly to voice-mail, the ring group no longer gets a chance to handle the call!

I hope that's not too confusing? ... best regards ...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. cfive

cfive Member

The old trick of routing all incoming calls to an extension (that is not registered) works well. This gives you the 2 states: in office and out of office, but much more usefull - it gives you rules :).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. jochanan

Thanks for the replies ;) The last one is the best way for us for this moment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.