Our 3CX is finally live!

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ziptalk, Aug 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

All,

I've finally gone-live with our internal 3CX implementation, cutting over from our Nortel BCM 50, and I have to say so far so good.

Initial feedback has been positive, both with the quality of the calls (some very discerning hearers), and also the features that are available with /myphone, voice mail and the 3CX Assistant.

And I was impressed to see the whole call reporting has been overhauled (Very nice job 3CX Team).

I'm using ISDN as the primary route out, although I have a SIP line for testing, and will transition more to the VOIP once we are confident with it's usage - at the moment it will be home workers calling back into the office scenario.

I still have a problem with outbound caller ID unfortunately - and I will need to find a solution to this. Any pointers much appreciated.

Just wanted to share my experience with the community, I originally had it scheduled to go-live end of June, but the project got put on hold due to the economic conditions and re-focusing our attention to our existing clients. So i'm quite chuft with the ease of cutting it over today, and for the most part it's been transparent and seamless. I also have a live installation for an existing client next week as well, so we're on full steam ahead with 3CX now :)

Thanks for everyones assistance along the way, it's been invaluable.

The only thing I need now is the feature enhancement request for ring group to have a rotational strategy so that each new call into the hunt group begins on a different extension, either through a rotation strategy or an idle time strategy.

I think i'm more excited that finally I don't have to administer the Nortel BCM 50! :mrgreen:

Lewis

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

BCM's give me nightmares about punching down contact blocks, and attempting to get the aging nortel software to run on all vista enterprise.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

I haven't got the two running together, I've literally just unplugged the ISDN's from the BCM module and into our Patton gateway.

I wouldn't taint our 3CX deployment, I haven't really considered to have them running in parallel, unless i left a couple of ISDN lines plugged into the BCM and had half the calls going in/out on the BCM and the other half on the 3CX, I can't see much value in that setup though. We have broken away from our old proprietary PBX and it feels great.

Matt, have you got any ideas on outbound caller ID not working ? I've specified it, and done research mapping the partyID User Part fields etc, but all to no avail, what is interesting is that i'm sure i had it working with version 6!

Lewis

4. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

Day 2:

After a successful cut-over yesterday, we've managed a busy day on the phone system. 5 concurrent calls running fine on the atom pc, and very impressive call quality on VOIP for our home workers.

Still without CLI on outbound calls unfortunately (3CX Team - some assistance required please).

Staff like the new phones, the MD is particularly please with the SNOMs, certainly look less bulbus than the Nortel IP 2002/2004 phones.

Got a fresh new installation and build to do over the coming week for a client, so look forward to deploying it live again for a client. I have to say we were all pleasantly surprised at how seamlessly it took over. We did do a lot of testing first though to ensure it went in very smoothly, but in fairness, this system is so easy to setup and get working, and intuitive to troubleshoot.

The biggest impact, and ironically it was not what we intended on using was the VOIP side. We have a single SIPgate account with credit for testing and have made several calls to clients who could not distinguish the difference between PSTN and Voip.

Very impressed.

Observations: Need to get rid of that bubbly ring tune that sounds like '3 blind mice'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.