Out for country - PSTN - Gateway

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by emerbrito, Oct 24, 2007.

1. emerbrito

Hi Folks;

I just got the software and i'm new on this IP PBX stuff as i'm new to this forum, so, sorry if 'm asking some kind of dummy question here :? .

Well, i have a few VoIP number from a service provider and i don't see any problems in get the system up and running with a few extensions and using these VoIP "lines" to make external calls.

My questions are:

1- If i'm working over the internet, can i have the server installed on texas, one extension in my office in New Jersey and one extension in a office in lets say, "Japan" (using a softphone) ?

2- In a more sophisticated scenario, can i have a number from a japanese phone company (PSTN) connected to the system through some kind of gateway? What's i mean is:

Someone on Japan call a japanese local number, whoever answer that call, transfer it to us here using the system (from Japan to here, the call would be made over ip)

I really appreciate any help and comments.
    Thanks in advance.

2. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

What you asking its all possible....
    you can connect any extension you want over the internet. Using a Japonese PSTN line is also possible... you can use a SPA3102 connected in japan and then connect to 3CX through internet...

CHeers

3. emerbrito

Thanks a lot for the help.
    I'm starting to love this stuff.

One more thing.
    Instead of use a softphone on the regular extensions, is there any (cheap :wink: ) standalone device i can use to make and receive calls?
    Because if i'm not wrong, softphones will only work if the computer is on, right?

4. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

Exactly softphones work only with a computer on. Now, there are a lot of cheap IP Phones, i have a cheap phone here, a bit cheaper then a Linksys 901 but has no Transfer button, or anyway of transfering a call, costed me about 60 dolalrs on Ebay... But you can get a good IP Phone for around 100dollars... Grandstream, Linksys, and a few more brands avaible :p

Cheers

5. emerbrito

Thanks a lot!

6. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

I use Linksys PAP2s myself, using existing analog infrastructure in my office and home. I can get PAP2s for about $60 (last 2 were $30 each on eBay) and each provides 2 ports for 2 extensions using "traditional" phone sets.