• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Out for country - PSTN - Gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

emerbrito

Reaction score
Hi Folks;

I just got the software and i'm new on this IP PBX stuff as i'm new to this forum, so, sorry if 'm asking some kind of dummy question here :? .

Well, i have a few VoIP number from a service provider and i don't see any problems in get the system up and running with a few extensions and using these VoIP "lines" to make external calls.

My questions are:

1- If i'm working over the internet, can i have the server installed on texas, one extension in my office in New Jersey and one extension in a office in lets say, "Japan" (using a softphone) ?

2- In a more sophisticated scenario, can i have a number from a japanese phone company (PSTN) connected to the system through some kind of gateway? What's i mean is:

Someone on Japan call a japanese local number, whoever answer that call, transfer it to us here using the system (from Japan to here, the call would be made over ip)

I really appreciate any help and comments.
Thanks in advance.

What you asking its all possible....
you can connect any extension you want over the internet. Using a Japonese PSTN line is also possible... you can use a SPA3102 connected in japan and then connect to 3CX through internet...

CHeers

miraportuga said:
What you asking its all possible....
you can connect any extension you want over the internet. Using a Japonese PSTN line is also possible... you can use a SPA3102 connected in japan and then connect to 3CX through internet...
CHeers

Thanks a lot for the help.
I'm starting to love this stuff.

One more thing.
Instead of use a softphone on the regular extensions, is there any (cheap :wink: ) standalone device i can use to make and receive calls?
Because if i'm not wrong, softphones will only work if the computer is on, right?

Exactly softphones work only with a computer on. Now, there are a lot of cheap IP Phones, i have a cheap phone here, a bit cheaper then a Linksys 901 but has no Transfer button, or anyway of transfering a call, costed me about 60 dolalrs on Ebay... But you can get a good IP Phone for around 100dollars... Grandstream, Linksys, and a few more brands avaible :p

Cheers

Thanks a lot!

I use Linksys PAP2s myself, using existing analog infrastructure in my office and home. I can get PAP2s for about $60 (last 2 were $30 each on eBay) and each provides 2 ports for 2 extensions using "traditional" phone sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sinalsa
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.