Out of Hours IVR - Manual On/Off

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by alchemy, Dec 20, 2016.

Out of Hours IVR - Manual On/Off 5 5 10votes
5/5, 10 votes

1. alchemy

Hi 3CX,
    Ideally I need an option to be able to turn IVR off/on at random times rather than always relying on the scheduled times...

Reason? Well, we're a small business... there are times where we have corporate events, teambuilding events etc. where the entire office is out, and we just need the callers to know that we're closed.

On our current PBX, I have this option as a BLF for each call group, which enables/disables the IVR function.

It'd also be handy to be able to do this per extension (for example, if we have an emergency and are working late and need a supplier/3rd party to dial a DDI, they'd need to be able to get through, rather than just hit the IVR for out of office.

Thanks

jlinds likes this.
  2. fishblubcom

Hello Alchemy,

this is very easy. Go to Settings - Dial Codes.

In Force 3CX Phone System to IN or OUT of office place for instance *77.
    When you now call *772 you system will be OUTSIDE office ours, *771 places it inside office hours. As I am an admin, this always works, but better check what minimum rights you need.

3. alchemy

Hi fishblubcom,
    Many thanks for that, it does exactly what I need, I just set a BLF to a custom speed dial with those dial codes, and it works ok.

I've tested from non-admin and admin extensions, all ok from what I can see.

Thanks Again,

Alchemy

4. JStellato

I agree here, other systems I've worked with have a BLF that will indicate if the system is in night mode or day mode. I would like to see that feature added.

5. alchemy

Me too J Stellato... my current PBX has this, BLF on when out of hours, BLF off when in hours... oh... and I can use a single button for on/off too, which is very useful, and set this per group/queue rather than for the whole system.

I'll settle with the whole system for now, but this feature per call group/queue would be very useful, especially when tied in with a BLF.

6. alchemy

BTW - you need to vote for the features using the star ratings at the top, that'll then hopefully get 3CX looking into these things!

agp likes this.