Out of office hours for extensions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by eproof, Nov 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eproof

Why are the out of office hours only for the lines/DID numbers.

Wouldn't it be usefull if they were also available per extension.

Example:
    Daytime:
    lines comes in forwarded to extenion zzz
    zzz doesn't answer/busy forwarded to yyy (general extension/receptionist)

But out of office hours i want this:
    lines comes in forwarded to extenion zzz
    zzz doesn't answer/busy forwarded to digital receptionist with message we are closed.......blah..blah blah

Is this possible in someway????

Tia
    John

2. Discovery Technology

Hi John,

You might find that this is being addressed in V7 which is due to be released shortly.

In the meantime, we have determined a workaround by setting DND on the phone as the user leaves for the day, then we have set a call forward on the phone when the extension is busy or does not answer. The only challenge here is that you can't really stop calls being forwarded during business hours if they don't get answered.

Hope this helps, Brendan

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. eproof

Thanx Brendan,

That was a very quick reply.
    I will leave fo now as it is, because relying on all users to set their phone on DND is a "no go" over here.

Any suggested date for the release for v7.

Regards
    John

4. Discovery Technology

I get what you mean - leaving it up to the users to switch on their DND's at the end of the day isn't very appealing to me either.

If you could route the calls to their DID numbers, you can at least set out of hours on those as your last option in the meantime.

I suspect that within the next 4 weeks or so it should be good to go, however I would refer the timing og the release of V7 up to the guys at 3CX... (I could be accused of being optimistic here - the new version has some good enhancements though)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.