out of office hours - manually

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tab, Aug 21, 2007.

1. tab

tab

hi all,

I configured my 3cx 2 weeks before and all works fine. I've found the answers all of my questions in the forum.
    But one remains (at present) :
    How can I switch the 3cx to out office hours state manually? Is it possible at all in this version (3.1.2434.0)?

Thanks

tab

2. Costas3CX

Costas3CX New Member

ofcourse you can.... its not pretty but you can just go to General/General Settings/Office hours/ configure office hours and just untick all the days. Then all days will be out of office hours. :D

But don't worry, there is feature on the way with a calendar so you can specify the holidays and then those days will be considered by the system as out-of-office hours so you won't need to do this anymore...

Regards

3. Costas3CX

Costas3CX New Member

When I say coming I mean in the next major build release which should be by the end of the year.

Regards

4. tab

tab

Can I mean it switch to calendar AND/OR manually?

5. Costas3CX

Costas3CX New Member

Sorry I didn't quite understand your question there...

We do not have calendar at the moment. This does not mean that this will not be included in the future. In fact I will make sure to suggest this to the team and they will decide whether and when this feature will be added to our software.

6. tab

tab

Sorry I wasn't clear.

My question is about to change the office hours state of 3cx by user (extension).

Thanks for your answer.

Tab

7. Costas3CX

Costas3CX New Member

No you cannot change the office hours by extension, but you can do the next best thing. You can set the extension to "away"

User Status allows you to define whether the user is available to take calls. If set to "Away", the extension will behave as configured in the "Phone Busy" tab of the "Destination Unreachable" section.

So if you have behavior for office hours and out of office hours. And you want to forward call somewhere else since you are going to be out of the office, then you can just set your status to away on Call assistant or manually change the configuration inside the web interface inside the "other options" of your extension.

This way yo udont have to cnofigure out of office hours just for 1 phone. But you configure how your phone behaves when it is not answering, when it is busy and when it is unregistered. This pretty much covers all the possible options for your phones behavior.

8. tab

tab

Ok I see. This is the other but practice solution of the PBX mode switching. If I know pretty much the 3cx, I will offer it my partners instead of their traditonal PBXs (what I used to install). These systems are non attendant PBXs, therefore the daily web based configuration (extensions or office hours) is not soluble.

Thanks again

tab

9. AMC

AMC

I'm with 'TAB' on this one. Swithing the PBX to office hours is usually a receptionists duty not something the IT staff should be doing.

Our office hours don't match the time blocks set in 3CX, will a future release let us set the time in minutes?

10. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Upcoming Version 4 will have variety of dial codes. I suppose On/Off Office Hours will be one of first implemented dial codes.

11. tab

tab

It will be more than enough! :)

Thanks guys.

tab