Out of Office - Inbound Rule Not Working

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by lateralis_m, Oct 10, 2007.

1. lateralis_m

Has anyone experienced inbound calls not routing to the out of office call flow?

I have set up a separate call flow for after hours. I have setup the office hours in the general settings. I then have a virtual receptionist setup for in hours and a virtual receptionist setup for after hours. I have then setup the my lines to route in hours calls to one virtual receptionist and then to route to the second virtual receptionist after hours. With all set, the system fails to route to the alternate receptionist after hours.

Any suggestions would be appreciated....

NLC

2. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

Couple things to try:
    1) Call each DR and make sure they work as you want. (just dial the extension #). If you used the defaults dial 800 then 801 or whatever the DR#'s are.

2) Set the out of office times to go to an extension or VM. This will let you know if the out of office times are working and it's not a DR issue.

Not an answer to your problem but might help determine where it's failing.

3. lateralis_m

Rob,

The server time was not set correctly.....the out of office trigger was working correctly. It was simply off schedule due to the incorrect time setting..

Thanks for your help....Norm

4. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

Glad to hear it was something simple like the time being off!

Atomic Clock software or NTP servers are your friend :)