Out of office issue?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by zone97, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zone97

I have a 3cx system v10 and for some unknown reason my phones will all be set as out of office? Here is the setup.
    at 6pm the system goes into out of office mode, at 10am they should go back to in office mode. Most of the time this works, but for some reason it doesn't. The real trouble happens because unless someone emails me to let me know, I have no idea this has happened. My system is set for auto attendant. Where when an option is selected, a ring queue is activated. If all the phones are listed as out of office, the attendant says "call transfer failed" to the caller and there is no other way to get me?

1st, anyone seen this before and whats the cure?
    2nd, can i add a fake extension to the queue that wont log out, and prevent the "call transfer failed" issue. Say send them to voice mail?

Thanks.

2. oedlan

Hello,
    I have this problem as well.

Setup:

Digital receptionist ---> 1 Ring group (1 member)
    ---> 2 Ring group (2 members)
    ---> 3 Ring group (1 members)

If the person in RG1 is logged out of queues then it still rings on him (since RG is not a queue, right) but if he is Out of Office then The attendant says "Transfer failed" and sends caller to the Digital Receptionist again.

If a ring group is empty, shouldn't the rule "No answer" kick in?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nbailey

nbailey Member

Hello,

Lets look at this a little. First off, you should probably have office hours setup on your incoming line as well, what you are doing here is allowing the incoming line to hit the DR even outside office hours. Setup office hours on the trunk and send it to an extension or DR or something that says it is out of office hours. You are expecting the Ring Group to pass to the not answered portion when it is out of office hours. So basically you are getting partial functionality.

So call comes in -----> OOH? IOH? if in office hours go to DR --> if out of office hours then go to DR that says call back later or press 1 to leave a VM or something, this is up to you. As it is now you have the extensions understanding office hours but the incoming call doesn't understand.

Thanks,
    Nate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.