Out of office/Lunch

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by xeroendo, Dec 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xeroendo

We just moved over from Elastix to 3CX and as I was configuring everything, I realized that something that Elastix has called "Time Conditions" doesn't really have a presence in 3CX. I searched around but didn't really see a solid answer regarding lunch times or sending directly to voicemail. As far as I could tell, only setting the main line to "away" or "lunch" would send it to voicemail. Is there anything that I am missing?

2. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

Extensions, Forwarding Rules, Auto Switch, Configure.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. xeroendo

I have the break times and office hours set up on the system. The options there give me those same options.

4. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @xeroendo

Auto Switch from Extension Settings/Forwarding Rules will use these hours that you have set in order to switch between statuses. Can you please describe exactly what you are trying to achieve, so i can give you more details?

5. xeroendo

Hi @mariosM_3CX !

Here is how I have set up the hours under Settings/Timezone & Office Hours:

upload_2017-12-19_8-35-46.png

We have a break from 12-1 for lunch where we want calls to go to voicemail as soon as they call.

6. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @xeroendo

Seems correctly configured. Now based on the above hours, if auto switch is enabled, extension status will change to available at 0800, away at 1200, available at 1300 and DND at 1700.
    You can enable the auto switch option from the Extensions Settings >> Forwarding Rules. Under Auto Switch, enable "Set to Available during office hours".
    Now, all you need to do is set your forwarding rules to behave as needed.
    Again, from the extensions settings >> Forwarding Rules select the Away/DND Status and forward internal/external calls to Voicemail or elsewhere as needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.