Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Out of Office Phone

Discussion in 'Windows' started by jsmoli, Apr 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsmoli

i have a my server at my office and i am trying to set up another external computer at home, everything is the same software, and i am quite confused on what to do, i have just simply put the same information into the external as the internal.

2. jsmoli

sorry, i will be more specific, i am trying to set up a out of office voip phone i have 4 others set up in office and i moved this computer from the office and into my home, this computer was working while at the office tho

3. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You provided too few information to be helpful. However, I will try:

You are working at COMPANY and your company has a PBX.

Now, if you are at work, your network admin will tell you that the PBX has internal (intranet, private or in-office) address 10.0.0.1. In this case, you will set your 3CXPhone as being "In Office" to 10.0.0.1.

If you want to connect your company PBX from home, your company's network admin will tell you that the PBX has external (internet, public or out-of-the-office) address PBX.COMPANY.COM or 232.232.232.232. In this case, you will set your 3CXPhone as being "Out of the Office" to PBX.COMPANY.COM or 232.232.232.232.

The easiest test to check from home if the company PBX is reachable is to try in a command prompt
    telnet pbx.company.com 5060
    or
    telnet 232.232.232.232 5060

Hope it helps.
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jsmoli

so than with that being said, as i am the company manager, i would use my out of office ip?

5. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    Yes. You should know how your PBX is "seen" from "outside". As I said

the easiest test to check from home if the company PBX is reachable is to try in a command prompt
    telnet pbx.company.com 5060
    or
    telnet 232.232.232.232 5060

Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.