Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Out Of Office Queue Status

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by TS-TomBale, Jun 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TS-TomBale

Hi All,

We are currently trailing the 3CX phone system and getting on very well but I am after a little advice regarding call forwarding rules and queue status.

We are an IT team based on a helpdesk, every member of staff has their own extension and we are all in the helpdesk call queue. We are looking for our system to automatically take us out of a queue when we are not in the office but our extension number to still ring on our softphone (iPhones). We have looked at using the inactivity timer on the windows\mac app to set our forwarding rule to 'Away' but this will also make our individual extension unavailable, is this solution possible.

FYI, we are running 3CX V14. Thanks in advance

Tom

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Tom,

If i understand the problem correctly you would like your extension to ring when called directly but not to ring when someone calls the queue.
    If that is the case then you can just log your extension out of the queue from your mobile or from your softphone on your desktop. The queue will ring if someone is logged in to it but it you are all logged out it will be forwarded to the location you specified in the queue settings.
    The way you are suggesting doesn't work because your devices (iphone and desktop softphone) are on the same extension and apply on the same rules. When one is away the are all set to away.
    In the case you want this done automatically and all your support team is away on the same time you can achieve this with global office hours. Set global office hours that will apply for the queue but in the individual extension settings under office hour Scheduling check the "this extension uses specific office hours" and set the hours you want your extension to ring.
    So when your queue goes out of office hours and it's forwarded to voice mail your individual extensions will still ring.

A bit complicated i know but i hope this helps

3. TS-TomBale

Hi YiannisH_3CX,

Thanks for your reply, from what I have seen of the system this is what I expected because of the rules being applicable to an extension and no specific options for 'phone type'.

It almost does what we want but not quite, I think our best option will be to have an in\out of queue button on our desktop phone for when we want to get out of the queue during helpdesk office hours.

Thanks for your reply, it has been helpful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.