* out of voicemail

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by kylejoe1, Mar 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kylejoe1

Pardon me on this post but I tried searching but found no answer concerning if a user can * - star out of someones voicemail to reach another extension or ringgroup/queue by default or via the called parties extension/profile settings.

Currently you have to hit * to get out and either get operator or dial another extension (if you know it), we want it to auto-dial a pre-configured number by default, can this be done? We come from an Audix solution which allows this and need way to get out of voicemail trap to try another employee. Thanks in advance.

We want custom * out settings, the standard setting of operator is no good; if call for someone in Sales...* out should ring sales group, for IT...IT Group. One size does not fit all.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You can set up the operator extension (just set it up a a virtual extension) to forward (unconditional) to anything, a ring-group or an automated attendant. From there a customer can be sent wherever you want.

3. kylejoe1

To me looks like a global setting only, we want to be able to customize. For now, can we do trigger "Call By Name" when we * out of voicemail? is there an extension for that feature?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.