Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Outbound call failure after server reboot/failover/recovery

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by giwm, Mar 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. giwm

giwm New Member

We have our main server and a warm spare backup with Enterprise licensing. The last two months we've rebooted the main server for Windows updates. When the main server reboots, we failover to the backup server. Once back up, we recover back to the main server. This is all automated and has worked without issue in the past. In February and now in March, outbound calling will fail (internal will work) until we restart the SIP Server service.

I thought it was a fluke last month so didn't look to much into it. Today I checked event viewer and I see:

• Five PostgreSQL errors with event ID 0, the description ending with "FATAL: terminating connection due to administrator command"
    • One PostgreSQL error with event ID 0, the description ending with "ERROR: canceling statement due to user request"
    • One Application Error with event ID 1000 with details:
      • Faulting application name: 3CXSLDBServ.exe, version: 15.5.6847.0, time stamp: 0x5a8fe987
        Faulting module name: SL.dll, version: 2.0.27552.0, time stamp: 0x5a8fe8d4
        Exception code: 0xc0000409
        Fault offset: 0x0000000000089c0c
        Faulting process id: 0x7990
        Faulting application start time: 0x01d3b1c7afccd43b
        Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\3CX Phone System\Instance1\Bin\3CXSLDBServ.exe
        Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\3CX Phone System\Instance1\Bin\SL.dll
        Report Id: 95b079f0-21c8-11e8-80d5-00155d030258
        Faulting package full name:
        Faulting package-relative application ID:
    • One nginx error with event ID 0 with details:
      • Child process [31416 - C:\Program Files\3CX Phone System\Bin\nginx\nginx.exe "-pC:\Program Files\3CX Phone System\Bin\nginx" ] finished with 0
    • One Service Control Manager error with event ID 7034 with details:
      • The 3CX PhoneSystem Nginx Server service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).
    Looking back to the last time this happened (2/7/18), the sequence is almost exactly the same, with only a change in the number of the first set of PostgreSQL errors.

As I look back further, this seems to have been going on with nearly every reboot. We just never made a correlation before.

We are running on Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.