Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Outbound Call Issues

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nmirza, Mar 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nmirza

I am experiencing issues with phone calls. I can receive and make calls fine but whenever I make a call to any number that has an auto attendant, I run into issues. When I'm on the phone and the auto attendant asks me to pick an option, no matter how many times I press the option, the phone does not recognize any input while on the phone. Is there anything I need to setup with GrandStream?

My 3CX system is setup in 1 location with Yealink T26 and T28 phones. Also, the calls are routed through GrandStream GXW-4108.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The DTMF Method set on the phone, must work (be the same) with the DTMF Method set on the gateway. In most cases, a SIP message (one of several types) is sent for each numeric button press, this is interpreted at the gateway and the DTMF tone re-generated then sent out on the PSTN line.

http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/dtmf-rfc2833/

3. nmirza

I found the DTMF settings on the GrandStream setup page but can't locate the settings page for the phone? How can I set both up to make sure they're the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.