• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Outbound call not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aouko

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

We have setup the 3CX phone system and everythings works well, extension, inbound calls, IVR , etc...

But we cannot make any outbound call and we cannot find why.

Our number supplier is VOIP.MS, if it is necessary.

Hope you can help !

Hi everyone,

We have setup the 3CX phone system and everythings works well, extension, inbound calls, IVR , etc...

But we cannot make any outbound call and we cannot find why.

Our number supplier is VOIP.MS, if it is necessary.

Hope you can help !
Please provide some additional information like 3cx logs, wireshark tcp dump...
Without that we can only guessing...

I would suspect it is an issue in the outbound rules. The 3CX Activity Log will show what digits are being sent to your provider, if they make it that far.

https://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/outbound-rules-a-complete-example/

Thank you very much, have applied the outbound rules, but we still have the following error : "Called Failed, not found"

Here are the screen shot from the outbound config we made :

Thanks in advance, if you have any tips on that issue

Thank you very much, have applied the outbound rules, but we still have the following error : "Called Failed, not found"

Here are the screen shot from the outbound config we made :

Thanks in advance, if you have any tips on that issue

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    31.4 KB · Views: 121
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    31.1 KB · Views: 108
Please provide some additional information like 3cx logs, wireshark tcp dump...
Without that we can only guessing...

What 3cx logs do you want exactly ?

And where do we find the wireshark tcp dump log ?

Thanks

*** UPDATE ***

We've been able to make outgoing calls, but we have no ringtone and when we answer the call there is nothing. No sound and cannot talk to the other person.

Did the firewall checker pass?

Hi Aouko,
From the provided screenshots of the the outbound rules created i believe you have not set them correctly. If these 2 rules are only present then you will be able to make only calls to numbers starting with 450 or 514 and have a length of 7 numbers. Also Route 2 and 3 in both rules seems to me wrong. If you dial 4501234 and route 1 is not available then the number send to your voip provider through route 2 would be reformated to 4504501234. Is this the desired outcome?

More about outboun rules can be found here: https://www.3cx.com/3cxacademy/videos/advanced/configuring-outbound-routing/

We've been able to make outgoing calls, but we have no ringtone and when we answer the call there is nothing. No sound and cannot talk to the other person.

Here is a link to the ports required to be forwarded to the server...

https://www.3cx.com/docs/3cx-phone-system-v14-ports/

As mentioned, the 3CX Firewall checker will let you know which ports are not open.
You will have to "adjust" your forwarding rules, and/or firewall as required. Since there is no audio, it would point to an issue with the 9xxx ports

Here is a link to the ports required to be forwarded to the server...

https://www.3cx.com/docs/3cx-phone-system-v14-ports/

As mentioned, the 3CX Firewall checker will let you know which ports are not open.
You will have to "adjust" your forwarding rules, and/or firewall as required. Since there is no audio, it would point to an issue with the 9xxx ports

Hi,

Thanks for the information but the ports are all open. Plus, the firewall test is ok.

Attachments

• Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    2 KB · Views: 38
Did the firewall checker pass?

Hi Aouko,
From the provided screenshots of the the outbound rules created i believe you have not set them correctly. If these 2 rules are only present then you will be able to make only calls to numbers starting with 450 or 514 and have a length of 7 numbers. Also Route 2 and 3 in both rules seems to me wrong. If you dial 4501234 and route 1 is not available then the number send to your voip provider through route 2 would be reformated to 4504501234. Is this the desired outcome?

More about outboun rules can be found here: https://www.3cx.com/3cxacademy/videos/advanced/configuring-outbound-routing/

Thank you for the update, here is the updated rules and sadly still not work. Checked with VOIP.MS and they have helped a bit saying the rules need to be for 10 digits number.

Attachments

• Capture4.PNG
    Capture4.PNG
    21.1 KB · Views: 37
Here is what we get from the activity log :

Attachments

• Capture5.PNG
    Capture5.PNG
    6.3 KB · Views: 45
Can you post a log of an outbound call attempt?
You can X out some of the called number digits, and some of your public IP.

Was this working correctly in the past, or is this a new install? I use Voip.ms and the only difference with other providers that I have used, is that you need to select the local server on the voip.ms website settings. Everything else was pretty straight forward.

Can you post a log of an outbound call attempt?
You can X out some of the called number digits, and some of your public IP.

Was this working correctly in the past, or is this a new install? I use Voip.ms and the only difference with other providers that I have used, is that you need to select the local server on the voip.ms website settings. Everything else was pretty straight forward.

This is a fresh install of 3cx.

Quick question that sounds stupid, where is the outbound log ?

Thanks

where is the outbound log

It's the 3CX Activity Log. I should have phrased it..."a log of an outbound call attempt"

Hm, ACK not received would make me think to use UDP instead of TCP. Could You check that?

Hm, ACK not received would make me think to use UDP instead of TCP. Could You check that?

That is a good point, but where the hell do I change that parameter ?

good day everyone

im a newbie in voip setup and 3cx. My 3cx can't make outbound calls. but inboundcalls are okay and it had good audio conversation. I don't know why outbound calls did not work. I checked the firewall checker and this is what it showed.I guess the problem is the port forward but I don't have idea on how to configure that thing. thanks in advance for the help

3.png

.I guess the problem is the port forward but I don't have idea on how to configure that thing. thanks in advance for the help

Your issue may also be related to incorrect outbound rules. Ports are forwarded in your router, and may also be affected by any firewall you are using. If you indicate what hardware you have, there may be a link to configuring the specific devices. Here is a link to setting up outbound rules...
https://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/outbound-rules-a-complete-example/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.