Outbound call number "auto-correct" possible?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by aFinite - Tony, Jul 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aFinite - Tony

Hello,
    Is it possible for me to dial/call a number, which is then corrected or changed to a different number when dialling out?
    The example would be:
    We have a client with 2 different numbers, one of which charges
    When we enter the charged for number, the system corrects/changes this to the clients other number and makes the call

Cheers,
    Tony

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

The answer is a possible "yes".

You can use the outbound rules to change numbers around. However it may depend on the length of the number and how similar the number is to others and the type of carriage or provider (analog, SIP, etc.)

Assume for the moment that there are 2 numbers and that you have an analog gateway in play and that both numbers are local. The first number is 123-4567, which charges as in your scenario and the second is 765-4321 with no charging.

In the outbound rules you could put the 1234567 number in the box labeled "prefix" and then below you could specify strip 7 and then prepend 7654321. The strip 7 effectively removes the originally dialed number and the prepend inserts the desired number.

While my example is pretty simple, you need to examine the possibilities of how other numbers may be impacted.

3. aFinite - Tony

Good thinking batman, but basically, we want to redirect 0870 numbers dialled through the system to normal ones. 3CX only allows you to strip 9 digits, so 08701234567 is too long as it would need to be stripped of 10 digits at least.
    Thoughts welcome

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Hence why I pointed out "possible yes" and stated that it depended on the number length and other considerations.

Can you provide more detail? What is a normal number to you is not necessarily a normal number to me given our apparent country difference.
    Please provide a practical set of example numbers and the type of provider or carriage used.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I haven't tried it out but I'm a bit surprised that there is a limitation, given that most counties use 10 digit numbers (or longer, not counting access prefixes). This might be something that warrants submitting a feature suggestion. It doesn't sound like something that would require a major overhaul, perhaps it could be incorporated in a finalized version 12. It certainly seems like a logical move to completely replace a dialled number with another.

6. aFinite - Tony

Thanks for the response so far guys

Would it be possible create an add-in for this?
    Is there a software development kit for 3cx?

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.