Outbound call routing

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jeff yager, Oct 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeff yager

My company has two seperate companies. I need to be able to have users be able to choose which company they are calling from so called party sees the correct caller ID.

I have 2 DID's with nexvortex and Grandstream 2120 phones. I'm assuming I can setup two accounts on the phone for company a and company b and have the user select comany a's account then dial out to show the correct caller ID on outgoing calls.

How would I go about getting this result?

Thank you,

2. mixig

mixig Active Member

SO, if i understand, you have one physical phone and that phone is shared by two company? You can create two extension and put that two extension to that phone. In voip provider under the outbound parameters change

from:user parrt: "ouboundCallerId" ouboundCallerId taken from extension settings in management console

and then under the extension settings (tab other put outbound caller id). it must be in format which will yoour provider accept, so each extension will have their caller id. user on the phone will need select from which account/extension are making outbound call

3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

OK, am a little confused.

You have 2 accounts with Nexvortex? The question you posed earlier indicated 2 DID which is not necessarily the same.

You can have one account with Nexvortex and that one account can have any number of DIDs. Of course, you can also have multiple accounts with nexVortex and again have any number of DIDs on either, all, etc.

The phones have nothing directly to do with the account, but rather, you set up extensions and then with the outbound rules establish how the call will be routed and whose account will be affected and how the caller-id will be presented.

There are a couple of ways:

1. If one account, set up the phones with extensions that represent the various companies (ext 100 - 300 for company A & 400 - 700 for company B as an example). In the extension attributes, set the caller-id for company A on their representative extensions and similarly company B for their associated extensions. There would only need to be one outbound rule as it pertains to nexVortex (more rules may be needed for specific dial plans, but they all cumliminate with using the one nexVortex account), and you could use the reporting feature of 3CX to tally the minutes made by each company's extensions if cost allocations are needed.

2. Do the same as above, but if multiple accounts, then set outbound rules based upon the extension and point to the nexVortex account (port) of interest for Company A and again to the port of interest for Company B. This eliminates the monthend tally and allocation.

In either case, it will be incumbent upon the user to select the proper extension to enure that the propoer company caller-id is being presented as well as for cost accounting purposes (if needed).

4. jeff yager

I have the one account with Nex vortex with two DID"s. I follow what your saying but cannot seem to figure out how to make company b (ext 200-220) go out using 2nd did. Only seems to be able to use the number associated to the account (Port number).

Am I making it clear enough?

5. lneblett

Yes, now clear. You must use the 1st option A DID is a direct "inward" dial, not a unique separate line. You need to assign the callerid to the extension as all calls will go out the account.

6. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Is the default outbound caller Id the trunk or the extension?
    There is a setting for that somewhere...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. lneblett

Craig -

Using nexVortex, you can manipulate the caller-id to be anything you want for the most part. You can set at the extension level or leave blank at which point it will default to a trunk or primary level.

8. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

You can set outbound rules ie dial 5 than the number for services provider A, and 6than the number for service provider B. I find it easy enough to simply make the change in Myphone based on where I'm calling.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. lneblett

He only has one account, one provider.

10. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

That's why I asked how his outbound setting was currently set... I too have a nx trunk.
    If he already said what he had set I apologize - the backstory got a bit confusing... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.