• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Outbound call thru via DID-Number

Status
Not open for further replies.

3cxisti

Reaction score
Hi,

we have some german DID-Number we used with Asterisk (PBXes) to make Call Thru.

We called the number, we heard the dial tone, number entered and closed with "#" and the call was set up. It was very easy.

I have read this article https://sites.google.com/a/3cx.com/3cx-wiki/documentation/architecture/inbound-calls

It helps me not really. Have somebody some experiences how to make it in the vers. 11.

The outbound call should use the same outbound call rules as the internal extensions.

Thank you very much for the help.

Best regards

I.

3cxisti said:
The outbound call should use the same outbound call rules as the internal extensions.

I'm not really sure what you mean by this.
In 3CX you need to create outbound rules, matching the number(s) dialled, then pointing to an outside trunk. This match can be by digit length, or by matching various prefix digits, along with the length of the number.
Any external number , dialled by an extension, will attempt a match in the outbound rules. If one is not found, the call will fail and you will have a log, showing as much, in 3CX.

Provide an example of a number you are dialling, and what you want to have go out on the trunk.

Sounds to me that there are some dids
1 is assigned to the German group
They need to make calls with that outgoing did number as the outbound caller Id

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.