• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Outbound call to specific number not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maarten

Reaction score
Hi,

I have set everything up and everything is working great. Inbound calls and outbound calls, except for 1 specific number we are trying to call. Not entirely sure where to look. At first i thought it would be outbound rule but that won't explain why only this number is not working.

Activity log is showing this:
Call or Registration to 003348xxxxxxx@(Ln.10000@Maarten Test) has failed. x.x.x.x replied: 404 Not Found; from IP:x.x.x.x:5060

Anyone has any hints as to why this is not working?

Hi Maarten,

I would agree on checking your outbound rules - check the rule this number uses and confirm that it is not being superseded by another rule (for example).

I would also confirm if this individual number you are calling is in a country not approved by your Allowed country codes - check Security Settings >> Allowed country codes. However I would expect to see this specified in the Event/Activity log if it were the case.

What is the IP that the error originates from ? In my experience 404 errors commonly occur when calls are being blocked by the VoIP Provider.

You may need to call them or if they have an online portal check via this. Who are you using by the way ?

I checked outbound rules and there is only one outbound rule set for this trunk. Calling other numbers works fine, so not sure if it is the outbound rule.

The number in question should be a french number and i allowed France in the security settings.
IP the error originates from is 85.17.216.168 replied: 404 Not Found; from IP:85.17.216.168:5060.

We are using Nomado(BE) as our VOIP provider. I know as far as i checked that this one is not a supported one i believe, but we have no means of switching as all our numbers are running there.

Hi Maarten,

85.17.216.168 is definitely Nomado. Put the IP in your web browser minus the port and you will get to their portal.

I would give them a shout.

It was indeed a issue with Nomado or the number we tried to call not working properly! This can be closed. Thank you for the help.

Reactions: eddv123
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.