Outbound call via PSTN (Patton) - auto select line

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Daikoku, Apr 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daikoku

Hi,

I was wondering how to set this up:
    I have 4 PSTN lines connected to a Patton. I want to optionally be able to have our customer reps place outgoing calls through one of the PSTN lines when dialing a certain prefix. The issue is that I don't know how to automatically select one of the 4 PSTN lines since some of them might be busy. So, how can I achieve it that if e.g. rep dials 0, it automatically picks a non-busy PSTN line for him?

Thanks!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Multi-line gateways can generally be set up in one of two ways. All lines in one trunk group, or, each lines as it's own trunk (or a combination of the two). Some gateways allow for an access digit prefix to select a particular line, this is built into the gateway and varies by make.

If you were to have each line come into 3CX as individual trunks, then each one could be accessed by a unique code in the outbound rules, of course, if the one selected were busy, the call would fail unless there were a second or third route provided. But then, that would defeat the purpose of forcing the call out on one route. The outbound rules can also be configured (certain rules apply only to certain extensions) so that even if different extensions dial the same outbound prefix, a particular extension would only use the trunk it was allowed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.