Outbound call with DID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Ronald, Aug 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronald

Hi,

I've got a quit simpel question I think...
    We've got a 3cx system (v11) working with 2 PSTN lines. We are using a Patton 4120 Gateway for this. I would like to know if it is possible to use an DID number to dial out. I couldn't find it in outbound rules, because the only option I have is to use the Patton Gateway to dial out.

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Just to clarify:

1. When you dial out, are you wanting to be able to select between the 2 existing lines, on which line to dial out so the desired DID is shown?, or
    2. Or are you wanting to be able to simply change the callerID for the DID number so that regardless of which line is used, the callerID will be that you have assigned to the extension?

My guess is #1 and if so, I do not have this particular model, but I suspect that with the proper manual programming of the device and outbound rules you can accommodate by either using a code in the dial string that directs the Patton to send the call out a certain port (the Grandstream has this feature) or you may need to see if you can manually program the Patton and see if you can register it as though it were 2 separate devices, each controlling one of the trunks/ports/line.

If #2, this might be possible, but most PSTN providers do not allow the caller-id to be modified. It is set by the provider.

3. Ronald

Well... I'll try to give some example.

We have got 2 lines. Line 1 and Line 2.

For Line 1 we have 4 telephonenumbers. 1 main number and 3 underlying numbers.
    - main number = 123456
    - underlying number 234567
    - underlying number 345678
    - underlying number 456789

The same for line 2 but with different numbers.

When I call a underlying number I can use inbound rules to point to the right extensions. That's not the issue.

I would like to use the underlying numbers to dial out. So f.e. extension 200 should dial out with 123456 and extension 300 should use 234567 or 345678. I hope it is clearer this way.

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Generally you can not rewrite your outbound caller id on pstn lines.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm curious as to how your provider does this with PSTN lines? I have seen an additional number added to a phone line, sometimes called a "teen line", or a fax service, in North America. They are marketed under various names, but primarily aimed at residential customers, or small businesses with a single line.

The different numbers are identified to the called party by ring cadence. There are devices (small boxes) available that can detect the different cadences and direct them to specific devices. This is generally limited to two numbers.

How are your incoming calls identified as to which DID they are meant for? Is there some sort of caller Id "add-on?

And, as has been pointed out, you cannot change the number on an outgoing PSTN line. This is set by your provider.

6. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

PSTN calls youre not goiing to be able to change outpulsed caller ID

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

We have established that...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.