• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Outbound call with voiptalk fails with 408 error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ram!

Reaction score
Hi

We have voiptalk as our provider, every 2 to 3 weeks once outbound fails with error "call or registration to 08718XXXXXX @(ln10001@voiptalk has failed [V4 0.0.0.0:0 UNKNOWN_TRANSPORT target domain=unspecfied mFlowkey=0] replied: 408 request timed out: internal"

If I restart 3CX phone system in services then it starts to work.

Any help would be appreciated

Hello there and thank you for contacting us.

The issue you are facing is that the registration with your VoIP Provider is lost, if you restart the services the registration is being initiated again. Kindly speak with your VoIP Provider regarding this issue.

Kind Regards

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for your information.

Actually We have two SIP providers in which one is voiptalk and second one is voip unlimited, the second one we are using as backup for outgoing and incoming. When there was issues with outgoing, I actually tried creating a outbound rule which would go through voip unlimited, however I was not able to call even using voip unlimited. So I was thinking this should be something to do with 3CX as I was not able to call from both VoIP providers.

3 Weeks before we had the same issue where outbound was not working and after 5 to 10 minutes both the SIP trunk (voiptalk and voip unlimited) showed as unregister and restarting the service resloved the issue.

So do you still think that this is something to do with provider.

Hi Ram!

Does the firewall checker comes up green?

Kind Regards

Hi Iliasl,

Yes, its all Green.

You might want to go back and check the 3CX server logs. Look to see how long, one (or both) of the trunks unregister after a successful registration, there may be a pattern. Ask your provider(s) how often they expect you to register.

In most cases, registration (or lack thereof) will not have an affect on outgoing calls, but will stop incoming. Of course, not all VoIP provider behave the same way. There may very well be some sort of issue with your network/settings/firewall and the 3CX logs may provide some information.

Hi Leejor,

Thank you for the information.

We dont have firewall in our 3CX network.

We checked with the provider, they said that there is no problem from thier end.

I checked the trace and found that the call fails with error 408 however did not find any reason.

I have attached the trace for your reference.

Calling no - 5955
called number - 07949211006

Attachments

• 408error.txt
    5.7 KB · Views: 78
I'm wondering if there might be an intermittent problem with DNS resolution. You might try substituting the actual IP address of your providers, in the 3CX trunk datafill, to see if this makes a difference.

Hi Leejor,

Thank you for your information.

Some 1 month before I had seen error like unable to reslove the FQDN (Registration at VoipTalk has failed. Destination (sip:[email protected]:5060) is not reachable, DNS error
resolving FQDN, or service is not available.) At that point of time I had suggested to change to Ip but was not done that was because of our mangaer told what if they chnage the IP address with same domain name. However as you also suggest the same I would again suggest and change to IP and see if that makes any difference.

However i would like to know why DNS error resolving FQDN come up, it used to work fine before for almost a year now with the same domain name, also would like to know if this is something to do with 3CX or the provider.

Hi Leejor,

I tried to use Ip address instead of domain name, however trunk does not register when I checked the log I get 401 unauthorized, I have all the authentication ID and password in place.

Any thoughts?

Hi

I checked with the provider as they were sending 401 error and got to know that they will not accept registration with IP address as they may change the IP address during maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.