Outbound Call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Sakib, Dec 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sakib

How to Dial a Outbound call using a VoIP Gateway?? if someone whishes to dial a PSTN number from the 3CX network doent he have to dial a number before to access the PSTN line ?? Okey I have added a VoIP gateway for test purpose but i am kinda blind how to dial a out bound PSTN number from the network. Please help.

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Prefix

To make an outbound call, you would have to enter a prefix. By default this prefix is zero - and this will be associated with the first VOIP Gateway you configured. You can go to the outbound rules section and configure this differently if you want.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Sakib

Re: Prefix

Dear Admin Thanks for your reply. I was wondering if you could give me an Example Call Rule for out bounds. I would like to set number 9 as a prefix to use the VoIP gateway for outbound calls. Sorry for being confused. Your help is much appreciated.

4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Call Rule

Of course!

1. Create a new outbound rule
    2. Give it a name
    3. enter number 9 in Calls starting with
    4. Select VOIP Gateway or VOIP provider you want to use for calls
    5. Enter "r" in the transform mask - this will remove the 9 from the number to dial.

OK to continue and you should be all set...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.