Outbound caller ID and Number on an unsupported SIP

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by gg1, Nov 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gg1

gg1

I have a SIP trunk for one of our clients. They got it through their ISP which here in Canada is Eastlink. It's a dedicated SIP line separate from their internet connection. I am trying to figure out how to set the Caller ID for this connection. They have multiple DID's that are being used to call in just fine. I want to be able to set it so when they call out from their DID it will show up with that number and a Name we can configure. Currently it is only coming up with the main name and number for the trunk.

Is this something I will have to change in the outbound parameters? Has anyone encountered this before with this SIP provider?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

There are some options in the outgoing settings for the trunk that may allow this. The Caller ID to be displayed field in the extension also has to have a number datafilled. Before you begin putting time into this, confirm with your provider that they allow you to change the outgoing CID to something other than the number that they have assigned you.

Here is a post that I made a while back when I was trying to send out CID from an incoming trunk. The options mentioned, and what may work for you, can vary by provider.

caller-id-not-being-passed-onto-mobile-40795.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.