Outbound Caller ID & Do Not Disturb Problems

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by targeted, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. targeted

I have spent some time recently and have succeeded in getting 3cx working well, I am impressed with it's capabilities. I am however left with 2 problems that I have been unable to find solutions for.

I am using sip trunks from Enta in the UK and Linksys SPA942 sip phones. I have 2 sip registrations, call them numbers 1 & 2. All outbound calls must go via registration 2 but I wish both to show the caller id for registration 1.

a) Outbound Caller ID - I have set the outbound caller id details for no. 1 in the outbound caller fields for both registrations, as well as those of the extensions concerned. No matter what I set, the remote end always gets the outbound id for no. 2. I have tried following suggestions in this forum regarding changing some of the variable fields in the Outbound Parameters of the Edit VOIP Provider page, without a difference. I have now set these back to the defaults I believe. I have attached a log of an affected outbound call.

b) Do Not Distrub - I have been unable to get the DND function on the SPA942's working correctly. I have set the DND codes as follows on one phone to test it:

DND Activation: *61
    DND DeActivation: *60

These I understand are the codes which 3cx recognises for DND purposes.

The problem is that if I set this phone to DND, then incoming calls go straight to voicemail, although my other 2 ip phones are not set to DND. In this case no phones ring at all. It would seem that I have not managed to set up 3cx correctly to recognise that if only some of the phones are set to DND then the rest should still ring and accept incoming calls. These phones are all in the same ring group which is set to RingAll.

I shall be grateful if anyone could offer advice to assist me to solve these problems.

Thank you .

Graham A Welsh
    Targeted Software Solutions Ltd

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Powermage

Powermage New Member

You set the outbound callerid on the 3cx ?
    Probably your voip provider doesnt allow to use another caller ID then is on the account. Or you can change it on their controlpanel

edit: for the DND i dont know Linksys phones, but you set DND on the phone, if you use the log from 3cx or wireshark for tracing, what kind of messages is send back to 3cx ?
    Do you have forwarding rules active on the extension (in 3cx)
    or does the phone redirect to the voicemailbox (in that case 3cx thinks that an phone is answering the call, so other phones wont ring)

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The only option that I can think of that might change this is in the setup for that extension number in 3CX. You can set how 3CX determines that the extension is busy, by the set or by the line status as seen by 3CX, try changing that.

4. targeted

Sorry for the delay in coming back on this one. I've been really busy with parts of this and plenty of other things as well.

Thanks for your replies guys.

The caller id problem has been solved by the VOIP provider changing round which of my numbers is the main one on my VOIP account.

I still have the DND problem. It doesn't seem to matter which of 3 phones is set to DND, if any of them is the call goes to voicemail. I've tried both the phone status and the line status with no effect. From the phone that is set to DND I get a 486 Busy Here in the 3cx log, on the phones that are supposed to be available I get a 487 Request Terminated. I have even, for test purposes, removed all rules from all extensions. Still goes straight to voicemail. In this case, the other extensions do not appear to being tried. Looking at the 3cx log again, it seems to be calling all the extensions, hitting one on DND and going straight to voicemail.

I could do with solving this one as I may be getting involved in a small VOIP installation for an MP in our election in a few months.

Any further ideas?

Graham A Welsh

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. StaffKB

Hi there,

This has not been replicted in house... is it possible to open up a support ticket on support.3cx.com?

6. targeted

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately I don't think this is possible as it is the free version I am using. Unless of course there is a way.

Graham A Welsh

7. targeted

Re: Outbound Caller ID & Do Not Disturb Problems - Partly Solved

I have managed to get my extensions to handle the DND problem by setting the Forward On Busy property of the User page in the SPA942 control panel of the phone itself. On ext 300 I have set 304,308 as the destination, on ext 304 I have set 300, 308 as destination and on 308 I have set 300,304 as destination. This seems to work as I have tested it with incoming calls.

Looking at the 3cx logs I notice that in this case the extension which is set to DND is reported as: 302 Moved Temporarily, then 3cx alerts an available extension.

If I set a Forward On Busy Rule for an extension in 3cx then I get: 486 Busy Here and the rest of the extensions report: 487 Request Terminated and the incoming call fails.

So, I have got it working, but, not particularly efficiently. I am not sure whether 3cx is reporting the busy signal incorrectly or something else is going on.

I would like to get this working with 3cx rather than having to set this up on each extension individually but am at a loss to know where to go from here.

Graham A Welsh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.