Outbound Caller ID Is Blocked

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Drew9213, Dec 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drew9213

I have just converted a customer from POTs lines to SIP and now all of their outbound calls are showing as either unknown or private. I have contact TWC (their provider) and they have sent me a log showing that the PBX is sending their SIP gateway the blocked outbound ID. I have modified the outbound parameters in the SIP trunk to display their main phone number, but this has not had any affect. They are on Version 15 with the latest SP.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are you / were you, attempting at some point, to send something other than the main billing number, such as a DID? Are the extension "number to be displayed" options left blank?

If the outbound trunk options are left to the default settings, then the main (billing) number should be what is displayed. There may be something in the registration settings for the trunk which, while allowing the trunk to register, is sending something that the provider doesn't like. Your outbound rules don't happen to include anything "extra" that could be taken as a call ID block code?

As a test, perhaps you could try registering a single device with them (disconnect the PBX trunks), and try a call, see what comes through for CID.

3. Drew9213

So I went back through all of my outbound rules and parameters and found that just underneath the "From: Display Name" parameter was also a "From: Host" Parameter. I had previously added my main number to the from display name field, I then added it to the from host field and that seems to have resolved my problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.