Outbound Caller ID Is Not Displayed

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by olivermsubadra, Feb 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. olivermsubadra

When calling an external cell phone, the number that appears on the cell phone's screen is the DID of the operator extension. (This number has also been used as the SIP port identifier, and the SIP's external number.) How can I get the extension's outbound caller ID to be displayed instead?

I've played around with all of the caller-related outbound parameters, and have had no luck yet.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In the extension settings, what number do you have in the field Outbound caller ID?

3. olivermsubadra

Currently, each Outbound Caller ID field contains the DID number of the extension.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

From my experience I've found that if I choose to put a number in that field, then that is what shows on calls to outside numbers.

5. olivermsubadra

I'll carry on experimenting. The only other thing I can think of is setting up the outbound parameters differently, but I think I've run out of combinations ... Is anyone out there (with working caller ID) willing to share theirs? I have attached mine to this post.

Attached Files:

6. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Seeing that you have tried quite a few combinations, I would recommend you give your Provider a call and:
    1) Ask them if they allow you to present a different caller ID
    2) If yes, ask them what SIP field they require the new Caller ID in (also ask if it must be in a specific format).
    3) Depending on what they tell you, in the corresponding SIP Field in the Management Console change the variable to "OutboundCallerId".
    4) Make a test call from an extension while running a packet capture, open it with Wireshark and confirm if the correct value is in the correct SIP field or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.