• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Outbound caller ID not being sent properly..

Status
Not open for further replies.

jozwikjp

Reaction score
Hello,
I am not sure how to change this but when I make a outgoing call.. It uses the username for my VoIP provider as the outbound caller ID instead of a phone number..

Which is causing the caller ID to be unkown..

Also: The audio quality sounds really good. So good job.

Thanks
Joe

Nice one.

I do not think (could be wrong) that 3CX is forwarding the Outbound number, I assume that this outbound number comes from your ATA. Perhaps the "guru's" can shed some light on this.

---edit---
I am mistaken, 3CX can forward outbound number :oops:
3cx --> hands that off to your ATA so check if you have your ATA configured to forward that correctly.
----- end edit-----

In your case, you have to ask your provider if they support CID (caller ID) because some of them might actually not do that. Same way somone using an "old" PBX. You will acutally not see the extention of the person calling you but the reception number.

It might well be that your provider "overlays" their details on your CID (for marketing purposes or simply that they do not support it).

The provider lets the PBX designate the caller ID..

As it works with my trixbox asterisk box..

The problem is that I just don't know how to properly set the outbound caller id with 3CX..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.