Outbound Caller ID & Patten 4114 FXO Gateway

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Gus Mitchell, Jul 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gus Mitchell

Moving into a new role I have just inherited a couple of 3CX systems and have a question regarding the system and its interaction with a Patton Gateway & PSTN lines (provided by BT)..

Scenario:
    I have 2 sites connected via a bridge (over the Internet). Site A has a SIP trunk and serves the HQ and a number of remote extensions. Site B has a number of extensions and 4 PSTN lines connected via a Patton 4114 FXO gateway.

The “public” telephone numbers for Site B are part of the SIP trunk service so that all incoming calls to Site B come via the Sip Trunk, Site A and the bridge. Outgoing calls from Site B go via the PSTN lines and the Patton Gateway. This configuration is designed to make best use of poor broadband.

Problem:
    The Outbound Caller ID displayed for all outgoing calls from Site B is displayed as the actual number of the PSTN port used for the outgoing call rather than the number configured for the extension in the 3CX system.

I want to make sure that all outgoing calls from Site B use the “correct” Outbound Caller ID as configured in the 3CX for each extension.

Can this be done and, assuming so, can anyone advise me how?

Thanks in advance

Gus

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If site B is going out to PSTN using an analogue gateway, then no, you can't change the outbound caller ID from what is set, per line, by your telephone company provider. Using VoIP or ISDN trunking is the only way (if allowed by the provider) to change the outgoing CID.

3. Gus Mitchell

Leejor,

Thanks for the response.

Sometimes's it's good to know that something isn't possible so that you stop wasting time trying to find out how.

On the other hand if some clever people can find a way... then that would be great too!

Thanks again.

Gus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.