• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Outbound caller ID to match user's cell #

Status
Not open for further replies.

George C

Reaction score
I'm wondering if it is possible to change the outbound caller ID for an extension to match the user's mobile number. As this is basically number spoofing, I wasn't sure if this is even possible and if so, could someone point me in the right direction? I have changed the Outbound Caller ID section for an extension and tested, without any luck.

Thanks!

Yes, you can set the outbound caller ID of an extension to be anything you want. Whether your SIP provider will permit it depends on the carrier. Some will allow you to spoof, and some will not. You will have to try it, or contact your carrier. There are several supported carriers who do allow this.

To set an extension's outbound caller ID, open the 3CX management console, edit the extension, and on the General tab, enter the desired number in the "Outbound Caller ID" field.

Take a look at our new add-on "3CX Caller ID" for changing your extension's outbound caller ID on-the-fly.

Hi George C

Please note that these changes are VoIP provider specific.

Firstly, make sure if your VoIP provider allows you to send any other Caller ID than the one assigned to you. With that in mind, it would be best to first contact your VoIP provider and ask them if they allow this. If yes, then ask them to clarify in which SIP field they expect this information and then make the appropriate changes in the 3CX Phone System.

You can configure the outbound caller ID for the extensions under 3CX Console > Extensions > Edit Extension > Other (tab)

• After you setup the Outbound Caller ID navigate under your provider, Outbound Parameters.
• Under Outbound parameters, most of the supported SIP Providers are using the From: Display Name and From:User Part to forward this info.
• For the Sip Fields From: Display Name and From:User Part (this will have to be verified by your provider as explained above) choose Outbound Caller ID taken from Extension

***NOTE: If these changes are not configured correctly they may break the functionality of the PBX and you will not be able to make outgoing calls.

I know that each provider is different. example Centurylink in the us requires you to set the p-asserted identity in outbound rules for call id passthrough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.