Outbound Caller-ID when forward to mobile

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Jclausen, Sep 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jclausen

Here is my setup:
    3CX v. 15.5.5
    Beronet Fix Gateway to ISDN

All extensions configured with direct DID numbers
    All extensions configured to display our Main office number as outgoing Caller-ID

This is what i would like:
    If an internal user calls another internal user who has forward to mobile activated, the Caller-ID sendt to the mobile is the Main office number. I Would like the mobile to receive the DID-number from the calling part.

Is this possible somehow?

regards
    Clausen

2. AndreasPo_3CX

AndreasPo_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @Jclausen ,

In the case you are describing,the call will be handled as a normal outbound call and will follow your outbound rules. Since your outbound rules are set so all extensions display your main office number, that is what it will display in this case as well.

3. Jclausen

Is it possible to "fix" this with a rule or other tweak?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Do you have anything (the DID number?) in the Outbound caller ID field for the extension?

You can't have the main number be displayed for "normal calls" and DIDs displayed when forwarded.

5. Jclausen

I have the main number in the Outbound caller ID field for the extension!

Is it possible to display the DID-number to specific numbers?

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I seem to recall that there are going to be more options for changing outbound caller ID, coming soon, although they may not solve your issue. For now, the number in that field will be sent on outside calls, and probably, forwarded calls to an outside number in your case. Unfortunately, you can't change it for different scenarios.

7. accentlogic

accentlogic New Member

Not sure if your provider or device will support it, but we have had success by changing some of the Outbound Parameters for the SIP trunk.

Look for SIP Fields with the variable "OutboundCallerID" and change them to "OriginatorCallerID". Usually that will be for "From: Display Name" and "From: User Part". You may also need to change similar values under the Remote Party ID section.

Be sure to document existing settings before making changes, then test.

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The problem is that a number in the Outbound caller ID field, of an extension tends to override. Yes the trunk settings may make a difference, but Originator Caller ID will be honoured on all calls over that trunk group. You can try leaving it blank, and the main number may show on "normal" outbound calls, as you want, but you will get the same thing when the call is forwarded. If you put in the DID number, then it will probably show that on all calls, which you don't want.

9. Jclausen

Instead of forwarding to mobile, could it be done in some way with abbreviated dialling?
    In my old phonesystem, i had a couple of mobilephone numbers assigned with three digit numbers,
    if a user calls one of these short numbers, the DID number from that user was shown on the mobile, and not the main-number.

10. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Do you mean, using this method? https://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/speed-dials-using-3cx-outbound-rules/

I'm not certain how that would make a difference as you are simply using the outbound rules to make a dialled digit substitution. Caller ID sent, should be no different than if the full number were dialled from that extension.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.