Outbound Caller-ID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by donbru01, Jun 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donbru01

donbru01 New Member

I have a 3cx connect to PSTN(ISDN) via Patton 4120 , and Another trunk-sip to Mitel 3300ICP

I have a DDI 024373xx
    I have extension 3xx

When i send outogoing call to Provider , Provider need receive correct outbound Caller-ID 024373xx

Than , if i manipulate from extension Outbound Caller ID i can configure 024373xx , but same Caller-Id it is sent towards Trunk-Mitel .
    I want manage from extension "Outbound Caller Id" how 3xx for sent correct Caller-Id to Mitel
    I want prepend to ISDN 024373xx for correct Caller Id toward Carrier ISDN , without managing internally Patton .

Have you a suggestion ?

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

It should be under gateway settings for Patton.
    Outbound tab.be sure to hit update then apply at the bottom

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. donbru01

donbru01 New Member

Yes it is , i have just try and work !!
    But i want avoid modify on Patton , using only file generate from 3CX .
    I was hoping it is feature of 3CX
    Thanx

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I know changes here for VOIP Provider work... I was hoping it would do same on Gateway... You'll probably right about having to upload it.

I just updated my "From: User Part" to a custom value and created a config file and the value is not in there... So I am guessing this is not a function of the Patton - but 3cx. Know however that the phone company may not respect any changes you make here.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In my experience, using BRI (and it appears the Patton 4120 is a BRI gateway) you cannot change your outgoing caller ID. It is set to the one or two telephone numbers assigned to the B channels by your provider. Caller ID using Pri, on the other hand can usually be changed

6. donbru01

donbru01 New Member

Hi Leejor ,
    In Italy if i buy minimum of 3 BRI , carrier provide ISDN-DDI incoming call , in this case this is same PRI .
    Provider make to ISDN 024373xx where xx or 3xx are internal extension , than when i make outgoing call i must send to Carrier correct Caller-ID .
    In Italy ( Telecom Italia , major Provider ) want receive from PBX:

- 24373(xx) make from PBX
    - isdn number type = National

or

- 024373(xx) make from PBX
    - isdn number type = unknown

If isn't , Telecom Italia send to Called only 024373( Caller-Id)

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Europe has had more of a "love affair" with BRI than has been the experience in North America. I always thought that it might be the result of a shortage of cable pairs in an ageing outside plant.

It's popularity peaked here a number of years ago but it's use has dropped off dramatically as ADSL and Cable modems have replaced it for data transmission. The most popular use seemed to be that of video conferencing.

It was never really marketed to residential customers at all and you could not go into an electronic store to purchase anything ISDN as you could/can in most European markets. Mediamarkt comes to mind.

So with it's popularity it is understandable that there are options available in other parts of the world, that are unheard of here.

8. cloudes

It should be under gateway settings for Patton.[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.