Outbound Caller ID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cambocambo, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cambocambo

Hi

I am a long time 3CX user but am stumped on this one and would appreciate some input.

I have a system that can call out via 3 different gateways with PRI to connect to the PSTN, each gateway is connected via IP and in different area codes / part of the country for least cost routing purposes. The issue that I am struggling with is how to present a different caller ID out of each gateway.

I can create different outbound routes and re-write the caller ID for each route. but my ideal situation would be to have 3 DDIs per extension and then if the call is destined for gateway 1 then present ddi 1 and gateway 2 present ddi 2 and so on.

I am unable to present DDI out gateway 2. If I do the carrier will re-write the CLID with the pilot number which is unacceptable.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Cam

2. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

A PRI is going to broadcast the number your carrier has assigned to, its not like a VoIP provider where you can change the caller ID that shows.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cambocambo

Not in NZ we can send DDIs out a PRI and have them present correctly.

4. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

I confirm also that in the US your PRI carrier can trasmit whatever DDI you want. Virtually all of our clients with PRI take advantage of this feature. The carrier can restrict it if they want but unlike the earlier post, this is a rare case that can be addresses with the carrier.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

On PRI's you can change outgoing caller ID, if the provider allows it, much the same as VoIP.

6. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

This may work for your situation (but I do use it for SIP Trunk config's - as we can't alter outbound Caller ID on analogue or ISDN lines in the UK).

There are two settings that are significant for providing the outgoing CLI in the SIP Header sent out with the Invite by 3CX:

You can send a generic port based CLI by selecting the port number (3CX shows this as a 5-digit number below the gateway e.g. 10004), and then at the bottom of that page, inputting the CLI you want to send in the 'Outbound Caller ID' field. You then need to select the gateway name and its 'Outbound parameters' tab ... and then - if you set the SIP Field: 'From: User Part' to the variable "OutboundLineId" Outbound Line Caller ID taken from Outbound Caller ID setting in management console' then the outbound caller ID will be taken from that entry on the port configuration page. I use this when all outbound calls from any extension need to show a primary contact number for the business.

If you set the SIP Field ... 'From: User Part' to Variable ... ' "OutboundCallerId" Outbound caller Id taken from extension settings in management console' - then the outbound caller ID will be determined by the number that you put into the 'Outbound Caller ID' field on the 'Other' tab of each extension's configuration editing page. I use this when outbound calls need to show different DDI numbers for each extension making the outbound call.

Do take a system back-up before you do any of this, as you may break the gateway connection by changing these parameters ... OK!!

I hope that's helpful ...

7. cambocambo

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try it and report back. I have about 10 production systems running and have a demo one to play with that doesnt matter if it breaks.

Cheers

Cam

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.