Outbound Caller ID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by JustinCredible, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustinCredible

Hello,
    I'm trying to set up Outbound Caller ID to pass the name as well as the number. I've tried all different combinations, including:
    Name 1234567123
    "Name" 1234567123
    "Name" <1234567123> (same as Asterisk)
    Name1234567123

This setting is found under Extension -> Other tab -> Outbound Caller ID.
    It says that most telcos need just the number, but it doesn't prevent me from entering alphabetical characters. I'm guessing there's some way to write the string but I can't figure it out. It just shows as Anonymous unless I remove the Outbound Caller ID setting from the extension, then it just shows the Pilot number.

2. stash

stash New Member

Hi,

Are you using SIP or PRI or VOIP? Did you try playing with the outbound parameters?

Thanks,

STASH

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I`m wondering if the terminating company has an obligation to pass on the name that you supply, or will simply use it`s own database `dip`, if one is available.

4. JustinCredible

Sorry, yes we are using a VoIP provider - ThinkTel. leejor - they're saying that they just pass on whatever name we give them, and they enabled 3rd party CID so we can set our outgoing phone number to any north american number, not just the DID's we own. So we should be pretty much wide open. I just don't know what the string format should be if you did want to include a name.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.