• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Outbound Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdysulewski

Reaction score
Is there any way for the outbound caller id of a transferred call to show up with the originator id without having to set the extension to away or out of office? We need to use the 302 diversion header for the VoIP provider to see the caller id but the only way i see the option is to have the extension set to away or out of office.

Have you tried the VoIP outbound parameter from:user ?

I have from: display name, From: user port, and contact: user port all pointing to originator caller id. We are using Time Warner Cable for the SIP Trunks and they say they need to be able to see the diversion header for it to go through their systems properly.

Any updates?

Any updates?

Please be patient - just a bunch of users here responding as they have time. Occasionally you might get someone from 3cx.
What does Time Warner say to use? They are on the interop list, so I am assuming this scenario was tested before they were given the green light.

Do not know if this will work, but you might try:

Outbound parameter = FromDisplayName > Value = OriginatorCallerID
Outbound parameter = RemotePartyIDCallingParty:DisplayName > Value = OriginatorCallerID
Outbound parameter = RemotePartyIDCallingPartyUserPart > Value = OriginatorCallerID

That did not work either.

Hi,

Does your VoIP provider allow you to Caller ID spoofing?
Do they allow you to send a Caller ID what’s not belong to you?

As far as I know, sending a 302 Diversion header will tell the provider to deliver the call not to you but divert a DID towards a particular extension.
If you want to use the 302 Diversion header then the extension must be in Away or Out of Office.

302 Diversion header differs from Call Transferring with Caller ID.

complex1 said:
Hi,

Does your VoIP provider allow you to Caller ID spoofing?
Do they allow you to send a Caller ID what’s not belong to you?

As far as I know, sending a 302 Diversion header will tell the provider to deliver the call not to you but divert a DID towards a particular extension.
If you want to use the 302 Diversion header then the extension must be in Away or Out of Office.

302 Diversion header differs from Call Transferring with Caller ID.

302 is only available for away and Out of office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.