• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Outbound Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

woopig

Reaction score
I'm using 3CX Professional v12 with Nexvortex SIP hosting, and Yealink T48G and T42G phones. I have 4 DIDs from Nexvortex, and want outbound CID to be associated with the call queue to which the caller is assigned. I've edited the extension for each user to include the DID that is proper for their assignment, but when a call is placed from any number they all send the primary DID, not the one that I assigned. Anybody know what I need to do to make this happen?

First, be sure that your provider allows you to alter the outbound CID, some don't.
A setting in 3CX may be overriding the number against the extension. Did you put the main number against the trunk group settings, when it was first put in? Some providers require that the CID field be changed (which number to use), in the trunk settings, although I've found that if left at the defaults, a number to display, in the extension settings, will still be sent out. Again, if your provider allows it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.