• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Outbound caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

[email protected]

Customer
Reaction score
My Task:

When a call comes into our 3CX to ask for a pin number, confirm via database that it is correct then present the caller with the option to dial out to an external number. When the call has been made the 3cx sends an update back to the database confirming that the user of that Pin made a call at this time and date etc.

So Far…:

I have managed to get this to work as far as collecting the pin of the user and checking against a database then dialling the external number that the user has inputted.

The Problem:

I cannot seem to control the number that is presented to the person at the destination. I’m using the Transfer call option in the CFD but there are no properties that I can use to amend this. Also, the calls using this newly built app do not seem to use any outbound rule that I can see. Is there any way to control this? Would it be possible to use the CLI of the person initiating the call?

The purpose of this app is to be able to log when a call is being made, who they are calling and the duration of the call etc.

The caller ID sent out will be the one configured for your SIP Trunk. You can play with outbound parameters to select the proper value, you will need to capture the SIP traffic using Wireshark to understand how you need to configure this. Please check this:
https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/voip-provider-configuration/

RE outbound rules, when you transfer the call to the destination number entered by the caller via DTMF, the 3CX outbound rules are applied, as for any other call.

Thanks for the info.
I have created an outbound rule in the PBX and brought it to the top of the list (so it fires first). The rule says for calls from extension 806 (this is the caller queue created by the CFD) route call through SIP trunk provider B. We have 2 SIP trunk providers. However when I test this out I can see that the call still goes through SIP tunk provider A.
If I could control this part I could (as you suggest) play with the parameters and change the outbound callerID. I can't currently do this whilst it uses the other SIP trunk provider A for reasons not worth mentioning here.

Calls are not from extension 806 in this case, they are made from "MakeCall", which is the 3CX internal service that makes these calls. That's why your outbound rule is not selected. You need to leave that field blank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.