• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Outbound Caller Name 3cx V5

Status
Not open for further replies.

zconkle

Reaction score
Hello,

I upgraded to 3cx V5 from the older 3cx version. On the older 3cx server I never could get my outgoing caller name to show up on the caller ID of anyone I called. It would just come up with "Unavailable" Once I upgraded to the new 3cx server I was able to make my outgoing caller name work.

Somehow something got changed and it will no longer show caller name when I dial someone.

I have a seperate SIP trunk for this phone system and my pstn lines are still in tact on out old phone system. What I thought was interesting is if I call our Vonage number the Name and Number shows up. But if I call our Verizon "pots" line it just comes up with "Unavailable"

I have tried every imaginable setting in the Gateway/Providers --> Outbound Caller area of the server. If anyone knows how to fix this problem I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Zane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itguys04
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.