• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Outbound Caller number

Status
Not open for further replies.

arnevv

Reaction score
Hi

I have a problem with the outbound caller telephone number.
When we call someone they see the number of the port of the PSTN device and not the DID.
Example:
PSTN Device: Patton 4554
Port number: 10001
DID: 3275158XX
They get telephone number +33 10001 as caller ID instead of +33 3275158XX

3CX Phonesystem: v10.0.24018.2322

I'm a bit confused.

If this is a PSTN gateway, then you will have no control over outgoing caller ID as it is set by the provider on a per line basis.

does he perhaps mean that inbound calls (from external callers) is showing up incorrectly?

I was thinking that that might be the case but was waiting to see what his reply was. If that is indeed the case, then first check the 3CX logs to confirm that the trunk number is indeed coming into 3CX, from the gateway, on each call.

Then...confirm that caller ID is working properly on each PSTN line by using a stand-alone caller ID device (no gateway).

Are these lines new, was caller ID working previously?

If it is not showing up, then you'll need to speak to your provider to see if they forgot to add the option to the line(s).

If it is there, then check the caller Id options on the gateway and be sure that they are set correctly for your region/country/provider type caller ID.

I try to make it clear.
It's about making an outbound call to an external number, for example to my mobile phone.
On my mobile phone it displays the number +33 10001 instead it should be +33 3275158XX
The lines aren't new, it has worked for several months, so I don't understand why suddenly it displays the wrong number.

I just looked up your gateway, it's ISDN you are using, not PSTN. So, yes, your provider can allow you to change the outgoing number. Why it would change, all of a sudden, I'm not sure, especially if you made no changes in the gateway or 3CX. It may be that your provider has just enabled customers to send out their own number.

Now it comes down to...is It a setting in the gateway, or one in 3CX. I'm not familiar with that gateway, but there should be someone on the forum that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.